Types of Information We Collect
Orchard collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Website. We may also collect information about your home that you submit, or information about a home that you are in the market to purchase. We may also collect any information you provide when using our chat feature.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Website. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or operating system.
- Account Information. Certain portions of the Website allow you to create a user account. In connection with that account, we may collect your user name and password. We may also collect information about your social media accounts when you interact with us. This includes when you use your social media account to identify yourself on the Website.
- Financial Information. If you wish to proceed with a transaction on the Website, we may ask you to provide personal or financial information. This may include, for example, mortgage information and your annual income.
- Other Information. If you use our Website, we may collect information about your browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect data relating to your location. This may include your exact location.
How We Collect Your Information
Orchard collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
- Directly From You. For example, when you register for an account or submit an inquiry to us. We may also collect your information when you chat with a representative on our Website.
- Passively. For example, when you visit and navigate our Website on any device. We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites and devices when you use the Website.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from our business partners, including analytics vendors. This may also include social media sites such as Facebook and Google.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Website. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Website.
How We Use Your Information
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Run and Improve Our Website and Business. We may use your information to make our Website and business better. We may also use your information to provide you with information about our business.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback. This may also include providing you with suggested listings or your home estimate.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our company and our business initiatives. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Opt Out section below
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Policy.
- Aggregated Statistics. Orchard may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. For instance, Orchard may monitor the website’s most popular blog posts or most frequently viewed houses on our website. Orchard may display this information publicly or provide it to others.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
How We Share Your Information
Orchard discloses your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information with our employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations.
- With our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Website.
- With our Business Partners. Orchard, and its affiliated organizations, may disclose your information to other parties who may be interested in purchasing your home. This may also include other third-party real estate organizations not affiliated with Orchard who may be interested in helping you buy or sell a home. These partners may contact you or send you information about their products or services. They may also share your information with other parties who may be interested in buying your home or providing you with relevant listings.
- To Comply with the Law or to Protect Ourselves. We may share your information in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Orchard believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Orchard, third parties or the public at large.
- Business Transfers. If Orchard, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Orchard goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
Orchard takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Website will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the Website. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
You may choose to opt-out of receiving unrequested communications by clicking “unsubscribe” of a given communication or by emailing us at email@example.com. You may revoke your consent to be contacted via phone by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by replying STOP to a text notification.
For information on how you can control tracking tools on our Website, as well as our Do Not Track policy, you can visit our About Ads policy.
Children and Privacy
This website is not intended for use by children. If you are under 18, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. If we discover that we have collected any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 18, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to email@example.com.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect the information we collect and maintain. However, no method of Internet use, transmission over the Internet or other electronic transmissions, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee (1) that these measures will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information or (2) the absolute security of your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate in your email that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
Links to Third Party Sites
How to contact us